Tuesday, November 30, 2010

When it comes to getting a settlement from your insurance adjuster, you have more than one option.

By Seth Knudsen, Claims Adjuster
November 30, 2010
Often people who have claims are at the mercy of their insurance adjuster’s opinion and calculation of the damaged value(s). This is troubling as the adjuster is employed by and represents the company he works for and not you.
What are your options when it comes to a smaller than expected settlement amount?
  1. hire a public insurance adjuster
  2. hire a lawyer
  3. hire an appraiser
Depending on the type of claim you have (auto, homeowners, liability, business, etc) one or all can help you with getting the settlement you deserve.
You might say to yourself, “Is it worth it for me to hire someone?”
In my experience, more often than not, the answer is YES.
I think of it this way; I have to pay for my gas to commute to work and back - that’s paying for something to make money.
In addition, you have the peace of mind of knowing you were fairly reimbursed for your loss. You don’t have to always wonder if you were shortchanged.
Quality Claims Management Corp. is a national public adjusting firm. Public Adjusters are professionals who are employed exclusively by a policyholder who has sustained an insured loss. They handle every detail of the claim, working closely with the insured to provide the most equitable and prompt settlement possible. A Public Adjuster inspects the loss site immediately, analyzes the damages, assembles claim support data, reviews the insured's coverage, determines current replacement costs and exclusively serves the client, not the insurance company.
Let us know if we can help you in getting a better settlement.

No comments:

Post a Comment